Sport of Thrones could have completed in 2019, however there’s nonetheless extra of the story to be instructed.
Home of the Dragon is a prequel to the massively well-liked present and is ready to wow Sport of Thrones followers with an all-star forged.
Discover out every part we all know to this point concerning the sequence.
Watch the Home of the Dragon trailer
A teaser for the Home of the Dragon sequence reveals a primary have a look at the principle forged, some unbelievable particular results and the sheer scale of the epic drama.
Set 200-300 years earlier than the occasions of Sport of Thrones, the trailer introduces the principle characters within the sequence and with glimpses of dragon eggs and acquainted household names, there can be loads to excite followers of the fantasy sequence.
Home of the Dragon is impressed by George RR Martin’s Fireplace and Blood novel, which focuses on the historical past of the Home Targaryen.
The trailer closes with the road: “Historical past doesn’t keep in mind blood, it remembers names”.
Speaking concerning the new sequence to the Hollywood Reporter, showrunner Miguel Sapochnik mentioned that followers can anticipate one thing totally different to Sport of Thrones.
“It’s a unique crew, totally different folks, totally different tone. Hopefully, it is going to be seen as one thing else,” he mentioned.
“Nevertheless it must earn that – it received’t occur in a single day. Hopefully, followers will take pleasure in it for the factor that it’s.”
Home of the Dragon launch date confirmed
It has been confirmed Home of the Dragon, the Sport of Thrones prequel, will launch within the UK on Sky Atlantic and NOW on Monday, August 22.
Superfans will be capable to tune in similtaneously the present airs within the US, or in case you’d somewhat not keep up late into the evening, you possibly can watch on demand thereafter.
Based mostly on George R.R. Martin’s Fireplace & Blood and set 200-300 years earlier than the occasions of Sport of Thrones, the sequence tells the story of Home Targaryen.
Watch all of the exhibits you like on BT TV
Take a BT TV Leisure pack and catch all the newest exhibits together with The Flight Attendant, The Midwich Cuckoos and The Staircase.
Zai Bennett, managing director of ontent, Sky UK, mentioned: “In the event you liked Sport of Thrones or are a primary timer to the world of Westeros, that is going to be a should watch. Roll on Monday 22 August.”
Not solely has the summer season premiere date been revealed, extra photos of the forged and characters within the sequence have revealed on social media, together with Paddy Considine as King Viserys I.
What’s Home of the Dragon about?
Based mostly on George RR Martin’s Fireplace & Blood, the sequence is ready 200-300 years earlier than Sport of Thrones (so don’t anticipate any of these characters to reappear, aside from possibly a dragon!).
It’s thought that we’ll discover out concerning the historical past of the Lannisters, Targaryens and Baratheons because the historical past of Westeros is explored.
The Targaryen Civil Struggle can be its major point of interest.
Showrunner Miguel Sapochnik instructed The Hollywood Reporter: “We’re standing on the shoulders of [Game of Thrones] and we’re solely right here due to that present. So crucial factor for us to do is to respect that present as a lot as potential and try to complement it somewhat than reinvent it.
“And I used to be concerned in making the unique present, so I really feel like that’s been helpful. Like, I am not arriving going, ‘Let’s change every part! Let’s do a unique color palette!’ No, I fairly like the color palette.”
Sapochnik was the director of Sport of Thrones episodes Battle of the Bastards and The Winds of Winter.
Home of the Dragon forged
The forged checklist is already wanting spectacular.
Matt Smith performs Prince Daemon Targaryen – a peerless warrior and dragon rider, the youthful brother to King Viserys and the inheritor to the throne.
Emma D’Arcy stars as Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen, who’s the king’s first-born youngster and is of pure Valyrian blood.
Lord Corlys Velaryon – aka The Sea Snake – is performed by Steve Toussaint. His character is probably the most famed nautical adventurer within the historical past of Westeros. Home Velaryon is a Valyrian bloodline as previous as Home Targaryen.
Paddy Considine has received the position of King Viserys I, and Eve Finest will play Princess Rhaenys Velaryon.
Rhys Ifans performs Otto Hightower – the Hand of the King – and Olivia Cooke performs Otto’s daughter Alicent.
Full forged checklist and character descriptions
- Paddy Considine as King Viserys Targaryen, chosen by the lords of Westeros to succeed the Outdated King, Jaehaerys Targaryen, on the Nice Council at Harrenhal. A heat, variety, and respectable man, Viserys solely needs to hold ahead his grandfather’s legacy. However good males don’t essentially make for nice kings.
- Matt Smith as Prince Daemon Targaryen, youthful brother to King Viserys and inheritor to the throne. A peerless warrior and a dragonrider, Daemon possesses the true blood of the dragon. However it’s mentioned that each time a Targaryen is born, the gods toss a coin within the air.
- Olivia Cooke as Alicent Hightower, the daughter of Otto Hightower, the Hand of the King, and probably the most comely lady within the Seven Kingdoms. She was raised within the Purple Preserve, near the king and his innermost circle; she possesses each a courtly grace and a eager political acumen.
- Emma D’Arcy as Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen, the king’s first-born youngster, she is of pure Valyrian blood, and she or he is a dragonrider. Many would say that Rhaenyra was born with every part… however she was not born a person.
- Steve Toussaint as Lord Corlys Velaryon, ‘The Sea Snake’. Lord of Home Velaryon, a Valyrian bloodline as previous as Home Targaryen. As ‘The Sea Snake’, probably the most famed nautical adventurer within the historical past of Westeros, Lord Corlys constructed his home into a robust seat that’s even richer than the Lannisters and that claims the most important navy on the planet.
- Eve Finest as Princess Rhaenys Targaryen, a dragonrider and spouse to Lord Corlys Velaryon, ‘The Queen Who By no means Was’ was handed over as inheritor to the throne on the Nice Council as a result of the realm favored her cousin, Viserys, merely for being male.
- Fabien Frankel as Ser Criston Cole, of Dornish descent, the common-born son of the steward to the Lord of Blackhaven. Cole has no declare to land or titles; all he has to his title is his honor and his preternatural talent with a sword.
- Sonoya Mizuno as Mysaria, who got here to Westeros with nothing, offered extra instances than she will recall. She might have wilted… however as a substitute she rose to turn out to be probably the most trusted – and impossible – ally of Prince Daemon Targaryen, the inheritor to the throne.
- Rhys Ifans as Otto Hightower. The Hand of the King, Ser Otto loyally and faithfully serves each his king and his realm. Because the Hand sees it, the best menace to the realm is the king’s brother, Daemon, and his place as inheritor to the throne.
Extra Solid in alphabetical order:
- Milly Alcock as Younger Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen. She’s the king’s first-born youngster, of pure Valyrian blood, and she or he is a dragonrider. Many would say that Rhaenyra was born with every part… however she was not born a person.
- Bethany Antonia as Baela Targaryen, eldest daughter of Laena Velaryon and rider of the younger dragon Moondancer.
- Phoebe Campbell as Rhaena Targaryen, second daughter of Woman Laena and sister to Baela.
- Emily Carey as Younger Alicent Hightower, the daughter of Otto Hightower, the Hand of the King, and probably the most comely lady within the Seven Kingdoms. Alicent was raised within the Purple Preserve, near the king and his innermost circle; she possesses each a courtly grace and a eager political acumen.
- Harry Collett as Jacaerys Velaryon, eldest son of Rhaenyra Targaryen.
- Ryan Corr as Ser Harwin ‘Breakbones’ Sturdy. ’Breakbones’, Harwin is alleged to be the strongest man within the Seven Kingdoms. Ser Harwin is the eldest son to Grasp of Legal guidelines Lyonel Sturdy and inheritor to Harrenhal.
- Tom Glynn-Carney as Aegon Targaryen, first-born son of King Viserys.
- Jefferson Corridor as Ser Tyland Lannister, a artful and calculating politician, twin to Lord Jason Lannister.
- Jefferson Corridor as Lord Jason Lannister, the Lord of Casterly Rock and twin to Ser Tyland Lannister.
- David Horovitch as Grand Maester Mellos, a voice of motive and trusted advisor to King Viserys.
- Wil Johnson as Ser Vaemond Velaryon, youthful brother to Coryls Velaryon and commander within the Velaryon navy.
- John Macmillan as Ser Laenor Velaryon, son of Corlys Velaryon and Rhaenys Targaryen.
- Graham McTavish as Ser Harrold Westerling, who has served within the Kingsguard for the reason that days of King Jaehaerys; he’s a paragon of chivalry and honor.
- Ewan Mitchell as Aemond Targaryen, second-born son of Viserys, nephew to Daemon, and half-brother to Rhaenyra.
- Theo Nate as Ser Laenor Velaryon, son of Corlys Velaryon and Rhaenys Targaryen.
- Matthew Needham as Larys Sturdy, youthful son of Grasp of Legal guidelines Lyonel Sturdy, delivered to court docket by his father.
- Invoice Paterson as Lord Lyman Beesbury, Lord of Honeyholt and Grasp of Coin on King Viserys’s small council.
- Phia Saban as Helaena Targaryen, second-born daughter of Viserys, sister to Aegon and Aemond, half-sister to Rhaenyra.
- Gavin Spokes as Lord Lyonel Sturdy, Grasp of Legal guidelines to King Viserys and Lord of Harrenhal.
- Savannah Steyn as Woman Laena Velayron, daughter of Corlys Velaryon and Rhaenys Targaryen.
Home of the Dragon teaser
Sky launched this dazzling first-look teaser in October 2021.
The place to look at Home of the Dragon within the UK
Home of the Dragon is launched on Sky Atlantic and NOW on Monday, August 22, 2022.
Photographs copyright: © 2021 Residence Field Workplace, Inc. All rights reserved. HBO® and all associated packages are the property of Residence Field Workplace, Inc.